The building is mentioned in the cadastral survey in the archives of the Bagni di Lucca local district council in 1558. In 1622, the property appeared to belong to the same owners, the inheritors of Cesare de Nobili, along with a bigger edifice bordering the first one. In 1710, as seen on an incision by Terreni, the two buildings were joined together to form one palace.
In 1870, the villa passes to MacBean, the British consule in Livorno. He is responsible for the restructuring of the north wing of the building, adding on the two hexagonal towers, and the layout of the garden. The park was originally bigger in size, but the realisation of the communal swimming baths reduced its extension.