The structure of this little villa spans across three floors and stands out because of its considerable vertical upsurge which is created by the relationship between the slender façade in comparison with the depth of the building.
The façade, which is characterised by an asymmetrical design, is characterised by projecting wooden eaves with a decentralised gable and by a balcony with a wooden parapet which creates a weaving effect, the design of which recall Asian motifs. The top of the upper floor is decorated with painted ornamentation in the theme of vine leaves and bunches of grapes which imitates, in the texture of the tiles, oriental ceramics. The ceramic tile which bears a stylised beetle and was produced by Chini should be noted below the small wooden balcony on the first floor. Inside the boiserie
and walnut furniture in the entrance hall, which were produced by the Spicciani company from Lucca, are decorated with ceramic tiles bearing geometric and zoomorphic motifs.
The building is a private property and cannot be visited inside.
Historical critical news
This small villa was constructed by Anacleto Morandi, who was from Viareggio, in 1880. A few years later the building was purchased by Margherita Beaumont. The transfer of property brought with it an extension project which was carried out in 1906 and included the raising of a floor and the decoration of the façade.
The building was subjected to various transfers of property which followed one another in the first twenty years of the century; having been sold to Alessandra de Skeariatine, in 1918 the building was purchased by the Rosano family from Rome who transformed it enriching it with new decorative and finishing features.
Luigi Rosano, the son of the minister Pietro, was a theatre manager who in the twenties was the owner of the Eden cinema and the London Hotel which was previously called Britannia.
(source: Alessandra Belluomini Pucci -Centro Studi Cultura Eclettica Liberty e Déco